NuGEN Technologies is looking for a talented and creative experimental scientist to join our R&D team. The ideal candidate will be an innovator with exceptional research skills who is highly motivated to make high impact, novel contributions. Join us and be part of the team that continues to deliver innovative and enabling genomics solutions to the scientific community.
Position is located in San Carlos, California and reports to the Director of Research. Please send inquiries and updated resume to email@example.com.
- PhD in molecular biology related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing and related technologies preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in a life sciences company preferred. Exceptional academic researchers may be considered.
- Demonstrated track record of creativity and innovation
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Strong skills in experimental design and data interpretation
- Bioinformatics/data analysis experience a plus
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintains broad knowledge of principles and theories related to new and emerging technologies
- Develops novel concepts and designs and executes laboratory research to achieve feasibility goals
- Continuously improves research related processes and protocols
- Works with outside collaborators on pre-commercial products and product concepts
- Ensures timely transfer of new technologies and products for downstream development
- Presents data and concepts at both internal and external meetings (as needed)